We understand the hassles that come along with filing your claims, which is why we want to make this process as quick and painless for you as possible. Below you will find all the information you will need to file claims, appeals, and to check your claim statuses.
Submit claims via:
P.O. Box 809025
Dallas, TX 75380-9025
Attention to Claims Department
File a Medical Claim
|Submit a Claim by Mail||Submit a Claim Electronically|
File a Prescription Claim
To submit a claim for reimbursement for a prescription that you paid for out of pocket, please print a copy of the Generic Reimbursement Claim Form
Prescription Claim Information Check List
|Information and Documents||Directions|
This information can usually be found on the receipt which is stapled on the outside of the packaging or in some cases located inside. Contact your pharmacist for more information.
File an Appeal
To file an appeal, please include the following information:
- A letter requesting an appeal to your claim(s), including your:
- Phone number
- UnitedHealthcare Student ID number
- Date of service for your injury/sickness
- Claim number(s) (located on the top of your Explanation of Benefits)
- Email address
- A copy of your Explanation of Benefits for the claim(s) in question.
- Medical Records including all test results from all providers visited for the specific injury/sickness that you are appealing.
Once we receive the documentation, your appeal will be reviewed and a written response will be mailed to you. The response will include what the findings were, if the appeal was approved or denied, and the reason for the final decision.
Check Claim Status
If you are a student and would like to check on the status of a claim that you or a provider submitted, you will need to set up a MyAccount if you have not done so already.
Please visit our My Account Center to log in to an existing account or to create a new one.